All A-1 Self Storage locations, including our Corporate Office, will be closed on Independence Day Saturday, July 4th, 2015.
Normal access hours will be available at most locations. Please check with your self storage location to confirm the schedule. For your convenience, we offer a 24 hour rental/payment kiosk at 18 of our A-1 Self Storage locations!
We hope that you have a safe and happy 4th of July!
While A-1 Self Storage keeps all of its facilities clean, there is always steps that you as a tenant can take to add extra protection to for their belongings. Follow these easy steps to make sure that the items in your storage unit stay clean and pest free. Aside from the steps below we offer some added features such as climate controlled units to keep moisture out. For more information on our storage facility features visit our website and find a store nearest you!
- Vacuum: Make sure to thoroughly vacuum all upholstered furniture, such as couches and chairs. While you may not be able to see any crumbs, all it takes is one crumb to attract pests.
- Baits & Traps: Place dryer sheets in the corners of your unit and in the boxes. The odor will dissuade pets from entering your unit and keep your items smelling fresh as well. For the best results, replace the dryer sheets once a month.
- Canvas Drop Cloths: Tape canvas drop cloths to the floors and walls before loading your storage unit. Canvas is much more efficient than plastic at keeping the pests out.
- Eliminate Moisture: When storing your unit in a non climate controlled unit you can always stake these extra steps to keep moisture out: When storing appliances that use water, wipe the inside down with baking soda to remove any traces of water. Also, to absorb moisture in the air, place some charcoal in a pan.
- Prevent Dirt Buildup: Before storing wooden furniture, use furniture polish to repel dust and dirt. Make sure to lubricate your metal items with oil to prevent them from rusting.
We are currently seeking a full-time Commercial Maintenance Technician for our A-1 Self Storage Maintenance Department based in San Diego. An experienced maintenance person with leadership skills is needed to handle all of our maintenance projects in San Diego and periodically in the Bay Area, keeping our properties in a “like new” condition at all times. The ideal candidate must be experienced, highly motivated, detail oriented with great organizational & multi-tasking skills.
- Candidates must have flexibility in availability and scheduling for emergency calls
- This position offers 40 hours per week
- Truck, fuel, and tools are provided
- Cell phone reimbursement ($60 per month) is provided for business use of personal phone
- Familiar with multi story Self-Storage facilities a plus.
- Knowledge of electric gates, commercial doors, Roll up doors, Door hardware, electrical, plumbing, low voltage, HVAC, drywall patching, painting and clean up.
- Knowledge of proper operation, and safety requirements, of various hand and power tools.
- Ability to walk sites and estimate all material, labor and time needed to complete each project.
- The ability to self-start, organized, plan ahead, schedule and order materials.
- Computer knowledge a must, Work orders all done on laptops or I pads including email and sending/receiving photos.
- Be a team player. Use positive leadership.
- Furnish experience history; showing job sizes, employment history and years in trade. Complete resumes with dates of employment in Word or PDF format.
- Work week is 8 hours per day, 5 days a week. 40 hours straight time and over time only if needed and approved.
- Hourly pay based on experience.
*Offering competitive hourly pay commensurate with experience.
*** No phone calls about this position, please.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. All resumes must be in Word or PDF format only
When checking out different storage facilities to determine where you would like to store your belongings, it is important to ask the right questions. As a tenant, you want to ensure that your belongings will be protected and unharmed. Here are some of the best questions we recommend you ask when visiting self storage locations:
- When are you open and how often can I access my things? First you need to determine how often you are going to want to access your belongings. Make sure to ask the storage facility not only what their office hours are, but what their access hours are too. Some units may have 24/7 access, while others may not. Be sure to get the exact hours on the unit you are looking to rent.
- How often is the facility cleaned? Make sure to ask how often they clean their facility, including pest control. You want to make sure that the storage facility makes cleanliness a high priority. The last thing you want is to open your storage unit door and see dust build up and a roach infestation.
- How far is my storage unit from the loading area? Once again, this may be more important for others, depending on how often you plan on moving and removing items from your storage unit. Make sure to ask if they have elevators for upstairs units and flatbed push carts to load your stuff onto. It is a good idea to view the unit and see how far the walk is from the loading zone.
- What systems do you have in place to protect my belongings? Naturally, the biggest worry you will have is whether or not your precious belongings will be safe or not. Make sure to ask what sort of security they offer. Do they have security camera’s, a gate or door with a code, climate control, etc.?
Don’t be afraid to ask as many questions as you want. The number one goal is for you to feel comfortable storing your belongings with that facility. Make sure to ask these questions and you will be well on your way to finding a storage unit that fits all of your needs.
A-1 Self Storage Lake Forest is proud to have supported the Lil’ Gary’s Legacy Ministry of Christian Resource Center. We donated a unit for their 2nd annual Shoe Collection Fundraiser, which turned out to be a great success . The resource center was able to collect 3,215 pairs of shoes and raise $2214.20.
Lil’ Gary’s Legacy is a support group/center that helps people struggling with life and thoughts of suicide and depression. Gary and Kathryn Ross started the group when they lost their very own son to suicide.
To learn more about Lil’ Gary’s story and what you can do to help, visit their website: http://www.lilgaryslegacy.org/