The holidays can be a hectic time. Between the parties, family, shopping, and decorating, there’s a lot going on! Holiday stress can be avoided when you are organized. Here are some simple tips to help keep your sanity during this busy holiday season:
- Make To-Do Lists. Creating lists will ensure all tasks are completed and nothing is forgotten. They prevent you from having to running out to the grocery store at the last minute, fighting crowds to grab the one item you forgot. Instead of making one to-do list, make multiple lists to help you stay focused and not forget a single thing. The lists can be broken down into tasks such as grocery shopping, things to do around the house, and gifts to buy.
- Take inventory. If you are an early shopper, it is a great idea to inventory your items and have a list so no gifts go forgotten in the closet or purchased twice. Also take inventory of supplies you might need for the holidays for cooking, baking, wrapping, decorating, hosting, etc. You may find you have left over things from the previous year to reuse and save money.
- Declutter. This time of year is a great time to look around and declutter cabinets, closets, and rooms. If you have kids, now is the time to go through their clothes and toys to make room for new items coming in. If you are expecting guests for the holidays and your guest room has turned into your junk and storage room, get a head start on preparing for holiday by sorting through your items. If you find you need extra space for items consider using a self storage unit for the overflow.
- Organize Holiday Decor. As you pull out your holiday decorations, it is a great time to throw out anything that might be broken or donate pieces that have been packed away for a few years. Like how you set up your holiday decor? Snap a picture of your display and save it for next year to remind you how to decorate.
Following these simple tips can reduce your holiday stress & help you enjoy the season! What is the one thing you suggest to make your holidays more organized? Share in a Comment below!
We are currently seeking a part-time Customer Service Representative for our Sales Center in Mission Valley. The position involves handling inbound telephone sales calls, consulting, booking reservations, accepting credit card payments, and providing superior customer service. Other duties include handling online inquiries & reservations via e-mail and “live” chat, assisting our rental/payment kiosk customers remotely, meeting individual & team sales goals, and maintaining accurate records. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated, detail oriented with great organizational & multi-tasking skills.
A-1 Self Storage currently owns and operates 48 self storage facilities throughout California & Texas. A-1 Self Storage is a 50 year old family owned company headquartered in San Diego, and is one of California’s premier self storage companies.
Candidates must have flexibility in availability and scheduling; able to work various shifts, including evenings, weekends, and holidays. Current schedule for this position requires full 8 hour work day on Saturdays and various shifts during the week from 3 to 7 p.m. Schedule subject to change.
- This part-time position offers 20 hours per week
- Sales Center Hours: Mon-Fri 7:30 am-7 pm, Sat 8 am-6 pm & Sun 9 am-5 pm
- High school degree or equivalent
- At least 6 months of telephone sales experience required, preferably in a Call Center environment
- Previous hotel or car rental reservations experience very helpful, but not required
- Excellent telephone sales and customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate w/ basic proficiency in MS Word, Excel & Outlook
- Good typing skills (Must have the competency to participate in “live” online chats)
- Must be a team player, yet able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be able to pass alcohol/drug screening and thorough background check
- Bilingual Spanish a plus
Qualified applicants should apply be sending a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. ALL RESUMES MUST BE IN WORD OR PDF FORMAT ONLY WITH DATES OF EMPLOYMENT (MONTH & YEAR) INCLUDED PLEASE.
All A-1 Self Storage locations will be closed in observance of Thanksgiving Day on Thursday, November 26, 2015.
Normal access hours are available at most locations. Please check with your location to confirm the schedule. For your convenience, we also offer a 24 hour rental/payment kiosk at 19 of our A-1 Self Storage locations! We will reopen on Friday, November 27th.
Our sincerest thanks and best wishes to you & your family for a happy Thanksgiving Day!
We wanted to alert you to an event that will impact access to our El Cajon self storage facility on West Main Street.
The 69th Annual Mother Goose Parade will be held on Saturday, November 21st at 10 a.m. Considered the largest parade West of the Mississippi, it includes over 100 colorful and exciting parade entries, such as floats, marching bands, giant helium balloons, clowns, eloquent equestrians, special guests, and of course Santa Claus at the end of the parade.
As the parade route runs along Main Street El Cajon, traffic around our A-1 Self Storage location will be impacted. Main Street will be closed to vehicle traffic at 9 am on Saturday, and re-opened sometime after 2 PM. You will be able to access our facility by foot during this time, so our office will remain open for business normal hours.
For information regarding the exact parade route, please visit the City of El Cajon’s website at : http://www.ci.el-cajon.ca.us/discover-el-cajon/events/the-mother-goose-parade
The holidays are approaching rather quickly, now is the time to start planning. With Christmas being just around the corner, that means it’s time to start figuring out what gifts to give! It can be overwhelming with all the bags and boxes that start to pile up. You might catch yourself wondering where you should store all the presents for your family and loved ones. The answer is a storage unit! Storage units make an excellent hiding spot for gifts. Storing your gifts can keep the magic of the holiday season in your house! Many kids around the the holidays become anxious to see what gifts they got. In order prevent them from snooping around the house to find their presents putting presents as well as other holiday items in a storage unit is a great idea. Using self storage during the holiday season can help make things less stressful. When looking for a a storage unit this winter here are some general guidelines to follow:
- Convenience. It’s important when you are looking to rent a storage unit that you find a location that is near your home. The shorter drive between your home and storage unit, the more easier it is for you to get everything prepared and under the tree when the time comes.
- Climate Control. In cold winter months a climate controlled storage unit is an important enhancement to consider, especially if you are storing fragile gifts. Moisture inside a unit can cause mold or even mildew that will leave gifts with an odor or even damage.
- Organize your items. Be sure to store your items efficiently so that it allows you to quickly gather gifts to take back to your house. Re-use old boxes or containers as well as color code your boxes and storage bins. Make sure to store the same type of gifts together you can even store gifts for the same person together. These simple tips will help you coordinate your gifts and making sure they are ready to be stored.
Make the holiday season a little easier on yourself, and rent a storage unit with us today! Call 1-800-210-8979 to speak to one of our storage experts. We can help you find a location nearby and the perfect sized storage unit to fit your needs.